Pages

Sunday 12 July 2015

Review | Revlon's Fast Drying Top Coat


I wanted to try a new top coat as my beloved Seche Vite was going gloopy and I'm slowly running out of it. I looked at many online reviews and some people compared Revlon's Fast Drying Top Coat to Seche Vite. Some said it was better than Seche Vite, so I trusted them and bought myself a bottle from Boots.

Last week I painted 4th of July nails, and decided, stupidly, to try out this new top coat onto the nails. Seche Vite penetrates through all of the layers and doesn't smudge the designs. Revlon's did. I had waited awhile before adding top coat to seal in some stripes on one nail, but it had failed miserably. The white polish began spreading around as I dragged the brush down the nail.

The polish has a very thin consistency, kind of like fast drying drops. But it doesn't even dry fast. I gave the top coat another go on just plain nail polish. After tapping it after a minute or so, it still wasn't dry enough for me to be able to get dressed. After 5 minutes I gave up waiting and put on clothes. Simple tasks like buttoning up a shirt left my nail polish completely destroyed.

The brush itself is slim and doesn't spread, unlike Seche Vite which is the complete opposite. Seche Vite has a thicker brush that fans out for easier coverage. Revlon's thin brush meant I had to go over areas where I thought there was no top coat.

Have you ever fell for really good reviews only to be really disappointed? Let me know in the comments what products I should stay away from!
Jenny xo - Follow me on: Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.