Pages

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Winter Hand Care Favourites


For today's post, I thought I'd share three of my favourite hand creams that I've been using this winter. I love all three for different reasons and I use them all at different times in the day. 

 This little beauty has a spot in my handbag. It's a small tube and doesn't weigh as much as the other two, which means my bag is lighter and has more space for things. It's a really light cream and a little goes a very long way. It absorbs really fast, and smells so gorgeous. I got this (and two others) in one of their Christmas tins, and I honestly thought I wouldn't use it because I've got so many hand creams, but I don't have hand creams that are this small!

This bad boy is the ultimate hand cream crafted by the Body Shop Gods. I don't have very dry skin, but there are times when my cuticles are really bad, there's dry skin around my fingers and I'm going to do a manicure the next day. This is when the Hemp Hand Protector comes out. Before I go to sleep, I apply about a 10p sized amount onto my hands, focusing on my nails before moisturising the rest of my hands. This cream is seriously thick, you don't need much. It's got an earthy smell which I had to get used to. The next morning my hands have been rescued. Thank you Body Shop Gods for this miracle.

Victoria's Secret - Luxurious Kiss
This cutie smells so good. I keep this hand cream in my room for those times when I've battled the elements walking my dog, or when I've given him a bath, or when I've done some baking, or anything really. It's like day cream, but for my hands. It absorbs fast, and the texture is in between Crabtree & Evelyn's and the Body Shop's. They've stopped selling this scent, which is a total bummer. 

Sometimes I'll use almond oil instead of The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector. I'll rub it into my hands and then wear cotton gloves at night time to lock in all of the moisture. You can get these gloves from most drug stores. 

Do you have a favourite hand cream? Or do you have several, like me? 
Jenny xo - Follow me on: Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.