Pages

Friday 16 January 2015

Nail Tutorial #1 | Heart Tips


I'm growing out my natural nails as they're all quite short and uneven right now, so I decided to create a new blog series! In this series I'll be showing you how to create easy nail art looks with step-by-step pictures. I am starting this series off with Valentine's Day themed nails.

Sorry about these photos, I know the lighting is bad, but you get the idea, right?!

How to... create heart tips!
  1. Apply a clear base coat to protect your natural nails. 
  2. Using a sheer pink, apply two coats and let dry between coats. 
  3. Get your white polish. Starting from the side of your nail, drag the brush up and then down at an angle towards the otherside of the nail to create one side of the heart. Repeat on the other side. Fill in any gaps with the polish and let dry.
  4. Using your polish of choice, do the same as above but starting a little lower down. You want to still be able to see the white. 
  5. Once it's dry, use a fast drying top coat to seal in all of the layers. Remember to cap the edge of the nail, to prevent chipping. I normally use Seche Vite's top coat as it seals in everything and I don't have to worry about smudging my designs. In the picture above, I actually used a matte top coat. 

These are the products used to create the heart tips. Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails French White Tip, Model's Own Buff Pink and Essie's Pink About It.

*You don't have to stick to this design, it's entirely up to you whether you want to choose the same colour palette or you want to skip some steps. This is just for guidance purposes!

**Bare with me while I get used to making these DIY nail art tutorials!

What will you be doing for Valentines? 
Jenny xo - Follow me on: Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.